Adblock Plus v1.1.4 Apk is an Android app that runs in the background and filters ads, using the same filter lists as the Adblock Plus browser extensions.
Updated: November 15, 2013
Current Version: 1.1.4
Requires Android: 2.1 and higher
Because Android’s support for traffic filtering is limited, Adblock Plus uses several approaches, automatically selecting the best one for the device:
- If the device is rooted, Adblock Plus will filter all web traffic out of the box.
- On non-rooted devices running Android 4.1.2, 4.2.1 and higher, Adblock Plus will filter all WiFi traffic, but it needs to be configured as a proxy server manually. Detailed instructions are provided by Adblock Plus for not experienced users.
- On non-rooted devices running Android 3.1 and higher, Adblock Plus will filter all WiFi traffic out of the box.
- On non-rooted devices running Android 3.0 and older, Adblock Plus needs to be configured as a proxy server manually. Some devices do not support proxy configuration, and Adblock Plus does not work on those.
- This release disables sound in notifications that appear when the device is attached to a Wi-Fi network yet no traffic arrives at the proxy (meaning most likely that the proxy isn’t configured correctly). This change was implemented to eliminate annoyance for devices connecting to open Wi-Fi networks automatically without sending any data.
Free Download Adblock Plus 1.1.4 for Android