Android Firewall – Donate v2.1.8 Apk is a fork of the popular application Droidwall that uses iptables to limit data usage and add security to Android.
Updated: April 3, 2013
Current Version 2.1.8
Requires Android 2.2 and up
ROOT ACCESS IS REQUIRED
Android Firewall Donate has all of the capabilities of Droidwall. It supports Android 2.2 and greater. A firewall on Android is a great tool when it comes to the tiered data plans carriers have moved to and that’s not even talking about the added security a firewall brings.
If you install Android Firewall and find that the software does not work correctly please install BusyBox and a Terminal Emulator. Both applications can be found on the Play Store. Open the Terminal Emulator and type “busybox route” without the quotes. Please send an e-mail to me with the output from that command to help in my troubleshooting.
- HTC Thunderbolt users on Android 4.x ROMS can now block cellular data if you are running ROM’s based on Liquid MR3.
Android Firewall is open source software under GPL v3.
Profiles are based off of exported rules files. The rules files contain ALL settings and not just app rules. This means things like Notifications, IPv6, Logs can be controlled by the profile as well. You can have up to 6 different profiles. They can be quickly activated by the drop down spinner.
- Set up your rules.
- Set up your options.
- Export your rules.
- Menu -> Profile Management -> Create Profile
- Choose which profile you want to create/modify.
- Choose the rules file you want to assign to that profile.
- Load the profile through the menu or through the spinner drop down.
Whats new in Android Firewall – Donate 2.1.8 Apk
- Bug fixes for crashes and NullPointerExceptions.
- Added old widget back in. The widgets are identifiable by their icons and/or names. Menu widget is new widget. On/Off Widget is old widget.
- Ability to choose your language has been added (more will be added in the future).
- Tasker can now enable/disable the firewall.