BackCountry Navigator PRO GPS v5.8.0 Apk Use GPS waypoints from GPX or KML files, or enter your own coordinates using longitude/latitude, UTM MGRS, or grid reference. Using GOTO makes a waypoint a locus for navigation! Explore beyond cell coverage for hiking and trekking. Download topo maps for the US and many other countries in advance, so you won’t need cell coverage when navigating.
Updated: July 8, 2015
Current Version: 5.8.0
Requires Android: 1.6 and up
Category: Travel & Local
- Accuterra Topo Map Source for $19.99/year. This can be purchased and used with or in instead of the free sources.
- Boundary maps for 12 western states from the Bureau of Land Management(BLM) for $7.99 each. Overlay for topo maps valued by hunters.
- GMU boundaries in some states
- Lake Contours in WA,CT,MN
- Content from US TrailMaps for $15.99, including:
- ATV, Whitewater, and Equestrian Trail Maps,
- OpenStreetMaps from MapQuest
- OpenCycleMaps showing terrain worldwide
- US Topo Maps from Caltopo and the USGS
- USTopo: Aerial Photography with markup.
- Canada Topo Maps from Toporama
- Marine maps: NOAA RNC Nautical Charts (coastal)
- USGS Color Aerial photography
- Topographic Maps of Spain and Italy
- Topo maps of New Zealand
- Japan GSI maps.
- Many of the Above sources are generally free to use.
Use offline topo maps and GPS on hiking trails without cell service. The GPS in your Android phone can get its position from GPS satellites, and you don’t have to rely on your data plan to get maps. Have more fun and safe GPS adventures in the backcountry.
Use for geocaching by getting a pocket query as GPX.
Besides geocaching, use GPS for recording tracks and GPS waypoints on your trip, all the while tracking your GPS quest on topographic maps. It may replace your Garmin handheld GPS.
Here are some of the outdoor GPS activities BackCountry Navigator has been used for:
- As a hiking GPS both on hiking trails and off trail.
- Camping trips to find that perfect camping site or find your way back to camp with GPS.
- Hunting trips for hunting wild game in rugged areas.
- Doing recon for a hunt or a live hunting trip.
- Fishing: mark your favorite fishing spots and navigate with GPS.
- Search and Rescue (SAR).
- Trekking the Pacific Crest trail or other long term hiking.
- Kayak and canoe trips on inland lakes and streams or marine, coastal waters.
- Backpacker trips: using topo maps of wilderness areas and national forests to navigate on trails with the GPS. Have this in your rucksack or backpack.
- Snow adventures including snowmobiling, skiing and snowshoeing.
Find your own ways to have fun in the outdoors. Be a maverick by venturing into new territory beyond cell service boundaries with your GPS. Become a pro at navigation with GPS for allsports for the outdoors.
BackCountry Navigator has been previously available on WM devices and preloaded on the Trimble Nomad outdoor rugged device. This Android version is more flexible, featured, and fun.
For a one time fee, this a great addition to the outdoor gear you bought at Cabelas, REI, or another outdoor store. Many have found the Android GPS in a phone or tablet to substitute for a Garmin GPS or Magellan GPS, such as the Garmin Montana GPS, Garmin Etrex GPS, or the Garmin Oregon GPS. Android can be your handheld GPS.
- Android Wear App with Ambient
- ENC Online US Marine Map
- New Sources in New Zealand
- Smoother install of prebuilt maps from OpenAndroMaps
- Other fixes and adjustments
- Camera: As before, you can choose to take a picture at a waypoint by pushing the camera button on the waypoint page
- Addons include Accuterra map source, Digital Globe Subscription GMUs of various states. SnowMobile trail maps, ATV, Equestrian, Birding, and Whitewater trail maps, and BLM Land Boundary Maps of 12 western states
Free Download BackCountry Navigator PRO GPS 5.8.0
[ Google Play ]