C4droid (C/C++ compiler) v3.73 Apk is a C compiler for Android.
Updated: 27 November 2012
Current Version: 3.65
Requires Android: 2.1 and up
Root is not required, but if you have enough internal memory OR you have rooted your device, you can get C++ support, read further. (some comments about “iostream not found” are fake, their authors just didn’t follow installation instructions).
C4droid (C/C++ compiler) Quick manual:
- If you have found a bug or app is not working, email me.
- If app crashes on start, check that enough internal memory is available (not 64Kb).
- Result of compilation (binary) is placed in “/data/data/com.n0n3m4.droidc/files/temp”, because sdcard doesn’t have permission for execution by default. If you have “Illegal instruction” error, using internal compiler (TCC), install GCC plugin, GCC supports softfloat (by default).
- Long click save button to “save as”, long click run to run with arguments.
- C4droid already has almost full C language support, so you don’t need to wait when it will be added.
- You can to write your own applications on the Android phone, and run them. This app uses TCC and uClibc, so it has full support of ANSI C and some support of ISO C99. C4droid can be used for educational purposes or to practice in C language.
- Some components of C4droid are LGPL-licensed. You can download used source code of TCC and uClibc on their websites (But TCC had been modified by me, so I recommend to email me to get modified source) C4droid includes Android Terminal Emulator so you can to run your application comfortably.
To get C++ support you need
- Install C4droid
- Install GCC plugin for C4droid from Android Market.
- Launch GCC plugin for C4droid and press “install to internal memory” (or to external if you have root rights)
- Select G++ compiler in C4droid preferences.
- Use “iostream”, not “iostream.h”
- Add “using namespace std;” to your program (before int main)
C4droid (C/C++ compiler) Tested devices
- Android Emulator 1.6, QVGA
- Android Emulator 2.2, WVGA
- Acer Liquid 2.2, WVGA
- Herotab C8, WVGA
WARNING! All Telechips and MediaTek based devices are unsupported (Android phones/tablets from china), because of the incompatiblity with EABI. Devices without VFP (VIA) are partially unsupported too (floating point operations).
Whats new in C4droid (C/C++ compiler) v3.73
- Added some helpful error messages for users who don’t read app description
- Hope it will help some users, who can’t compile even hello world application.