DroidVPN v1.8.7b – Unblock regional internet restrictions and browse the web anonymously.
DroidVPN is an easy to use VPN software for android devices. DroidVPN helps users to unblock regional internet restrictions, web filtering, bypass firewalls, and browse the web anonymously by tunneling all your internet traffic from your android device to our servers.
What separates DroidVPN from other VPN Applications is it can tunnel your traffic through ICMP(IP over ICMP). This means you can browse the internet even if you are only allowed to send ping requests and internet browsing is blocked on your firewall.
Requirements: 2.1+ and rooted devices
Current Version: 1.8.7b
Updated: June 24, 2012
If your phone is rebooting:
Phone Reboots when Connecting DroidVPN:
Q: Why does my phone reboots/restarts when I open DroidVPN or when I press the start button on DroidVPN. This problem normally affects Sony Xperia Phones (ST18i,ST15i).
A: We have traced this problem on some faulty ROMs that doesn’t properly handle the loading of tun module. This problem actually affects all VPN applications that uses tun.ko including OpenVPN.
Solution: Unfortunately we cannot fix this problem on our side since the problem relies on your phone’s OS. So the only option you have right now is to flash a different ROM on your phone that properly supports TUN (Recommended is Cyanogenmod).
- -Gives you unrestricted Speed
- Encrypts your internet traffic
- Unblocks web sites
- Tunnel IP traffic through ICMP or UDP
- Can sometimes connect to paid hotspots for free
Features to be added soon:
- More options for TCP protocol
- No root version
- Arizona, US
- California, US
- Utah, US
- Chicago, US
- Amsterdam, NL
- United Kingdom, GB
- This app only works on rooted devices.
- FREE ACCOUNT is limited to 100MB/day and can only login to FREE server.
- Subscription is required if you want to use all the servers and remove the 100MB/day limit
- DroidVPN account Signup for free here
- Rooted android phone
- Properly installed Superuser app
- Working tun.ko for your phone. (Look for our “TUN.ko installer”)
How to use:
- Enter the email that you registered and the password that is sent to you.
- If you are using a free account make sure to change your server to Phoenix or LA by tapping the flag.
- Press START button.
- If the “DroidVPN is now connected” message appeared, press the home button
- You can now start browsing and all your internet connection will pass through our VPN server.
- You can select the server you want to use by clicking the flag icon on the upper right corner.
- To quickly start or stop your vpn connection, add the DroidVPN widget to your home screen for a 1 tap connect vpn.
What’s in this version v1.8.7b :
- Added Canada, San Diego, Iceland and Germany servers.
- Added Los Angeles and another free server
- Added Italy server
- A beta version of TCP protocol is added. (More options for TCP will be added soon.)
- Added a random server selection.
- More bugfixes and optimizations.
- The 1 tap connect widget is now available!
Download DroidVPN for free on Google Play
- droidvpn 1 8 7b , droidvpn 1 8 7b apk , droidvpn v1 8 7b , droidvpn pro , droid vpn 1 8 7b , droid vpn 1 8 7b apk , droidvpn no root apk