Font Changer (root, donate) v4.0.3 for Android Requires FULL ROOT (NAND unlocked or S-OFF) and BUSYBOX. If you don’t know what either means then there is a chance this won’t work for you. A custom recovery is also highly recommended, but not a requirement as changing fonts can cause bootloops in some cases. Not all custom firmwares/devices may work, but most do.
Font Changer (root, donate) v4.0.3 for Android allows you to switch the default system font on your Android device (will replace the keyboard font too for a fresh typing experience). It creates an automatic backup of the default fonts at the beginning. When removing the application it should be done from inside its settings to restore your default fonts.
Updated: September 10, 2012
Current Version: 4.0.3
Requires Android: 1.6+ and ROOT
Fonts are not included for legal reasons. Information on how to add fonts and how to use Font Changer is inside the application.
Font Changer (root, donate) features include:
- Replace individual fonts using the font picker
- Screen density changer which allows you to virtually increase/decrease the size to make things appear bigger/smaller
- Quick reboot
- Font previews
- Localisation in English, Russian, Polish, Korean, Bulgarian, and Spanish
Font Changer (root, donate) Permissions explained:
- REBOOT – to reboot the device (achieved through root anyway)
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – moving and deleting fonts
- INTERNET – checking the license server (if you ever get a license error try again in a few minutes as this usually depends on Google’s servers)
Whats New – Font Changer (root, donate) v4.0.3 for Android:
- Added warning message about Android bug
- Fixed force close when refreshing fonts
- Workaround Android bug causing force closes
- Removed custom font preview style due to fragility
DOWNLOAD Font Changer (root, donate) v4.0.3 for Android: