FoxFi FULL (WiFi Tether w/o Root) v2.12 Apk – Turns your Android phone into a free WiFi Hotspot, no rooting or tether plan required
Updated: 9 April 2013
Current Version 2.12
Requires Android 2.2 and up
With FoxFi FULL (WiFi Tether w/o Root) Apk you can connect from any computers or tablets or even game console. Access Point is infrastructure mode with WPA2 security. FoxFi usage is covered under the same phone data plan you have and no tether plan needed. This saves you $20/month from your carrier.
Currently WiFi mode does not work on most phones with Jelly Bean (except for a few models) and most HTC phones (except for HTC One). However Bluetooth mode works for all phones.
Here are some tips to help your usage:
- On some models if you run into WiFi problem after using the Hotspot, simply reboot your phone and rename the hotspot before activating to clear the issue.
- For some Samsung phones if your computer is not able to get an IP address, try to turn on WiFi on the phone first and make sure it does not connect to any WiFi network, then turn on FoxFi.
- FoxFi is tested on non-rooted phones. If your phone has a rooted ROM it may or may not work.
- When WiFi hotspot is activated you may also see a hotspot notification of the built-in WiFi hotspot feature. Please ignore it. As long as you do not sign up for a tether plan you won’t be charged.
- If you enter or change the hotspot password, make sure you rename the hotspot also before activating.
- Sometimes Windows need a “repair” on the WiFi menu to get a correct IP address.
- If you install the FoxFi AddOn app, you will also be able to hide tether usage by setting a proxy server address in the computer browser.
Whats new in FoxFi FULL (WiFi Tether w/o Root) 2.12 Apk
- Jelly Bean is now supported in the latest build if you have the following Verizon phones: Droid Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx HD, Droid 4, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note II. Sorry for the delay! We are slowly adding more phones.
- For Motorola Jelly Bean phones FoxFi will ask you to install a certificate. When you do that Android system will require you to set a screen lock first. Please see description about this.