Launcher 8 v1.0-g Apk – Windows Phone 8 style launcher from the maker of Launcher 7.
Updated: April 14, 2013
Current Version 1.0-g
Requires Android 2.1 and up
- Fly animations like real phone, slightly evolved from L7 fly animation
- Application list also contains fly animation
- Completely redesigned how tiles are defined
- Contains animated tiles: flipping contacts tile, single contact tile, sms counter, calendar
- Phone counter is included, but does not have any animations
- Application list icons can be customized
- Three pages for widgets
- Android 4.x highly recommended. 2.x works, but unfortunately it is getting painfully slow.
- When you start L8 for the very first time, it will load icon package from the Google’s servers. By default it will not load the package if you are not connected to Wifi network. Enable mobile-button will then allow you to download the package using cellular network. The size of the package is currently about 5 megabytes.
- Click restart L8-button after icon package is downloaded and L8 will then start.
- Setting tile images is different from L7, now you define a drawable for each tile. Drawable then defines what will be drawn on the tile (icon, picture, calendar,…). Multiple tiles can share same drawable. Also drawables can contain drawables, but currently only single contact tile allows you to nest drawables.
- Contans advertisments, you can remove them from the in-app store.
Whats new in Launcher 8 1.0-g Apk
- fixed some issues with animations getting stuck
- fixed some issues with empty app drawer / tile view
- double-clicking items in app drawer is no longer possible
- unneeded drawables can now be removed from l8 settings