Lux Auto Brightness v0.71 isn’t your ordinary brightness app. It intelligently adjusts the brightness of your display based on the environment you’re in. If, for example, you step into a dimly lit room, Lux will automatically lower the brightness of your display to make it not only comfortable to read, but to also preserve battery power. Lux provides the option to automatically adjust the backlight at fixed intervals (periodic mode), when a change in environment is detected (dynamic mode), or when the phone wakes from sleep. It’s also possible to adjust the backlight manually. Simply disable automatic mode and you can use it like a traditional brightness tool! Perhaps the best thing about Lux is that you can teach it how to behave. If the backlight is too bright or dim for your liking, simply open the provided Dashboard, adjust the brightness slider to the level you desire, then hold the link button. Lux will use this new ‘link’ as a reference in future.
Updated: October 21, 2012
Current Version 0.72
Requires Android 2.1 and up
Note: Please disable other brightness apps before using Lux. The author is not liable for any issues caused when using this app.
Lux Auto Brightness features
- Custom auto brightness.
- Sub-zero brightness to make reading in the dark significantly less irritating.
- Battery efficient
- Handy brightness widget
- Option to use the camera to read in ambient light.
- Power-user settings such as choice of interpolation, sensor debugging, and linked sample editing.
- Backup to SD.
- Customisable data filtering for phones with inaccurate light sensors.
- Gradual fade effect for backlight adjustments.
- Astronomer mode adds a red filter to the screen to preserve the eyesight of stargazers.
- Jitter control to prevent constant small changes to the backlight.
- Night mode, to change the colour temperature of the display for comfortable night time viewing.
- Add app specific exceptions via compatibility mode
- No ads, or other nuisances.
Whats new in Lux Auto Brightness v0.71
- Fixed sleep mode
- New ‘ascending’ automatic mode for zero jitter!
- Expandable notification for added control (Android 4.1+)
- Improved efficiency
- Install to OS functionality
- Set min/max brightness bounds
- Adjustable night mode
- Improved persistence (Android won’t kill it!)
- Fixed Nexus 7 255 luma bug
- Fixed Tasker ‘on wake’ revert bug
- Compat. mode is now known as ‘sleep mode’
- Night Mode now default Dashboard action (hold for Astro. mode)
- Misc. tweaks and fixes.