Network Info II (Donate) v0.7.1 Apk – Shows info about the phone and the current network, Bluetooth, IPv6 and Cell connection also shows your public/external IP & hostname.
Updated: April 2, 2013
Current Version: 0.7.1
Requires Android: 2.1 and up
Only goes on-line to get and resolve the public IP via my own server http://aschillings.co.uk/myscripts/getip.php and to remotely resolve it (see notes below). Initially the application was also using whatismyip.org but, as the server seems to be constantly down it was removed.
- No ads.
- Device IP and hostname, both private and public.
- Current mobile Cell and any neighbours, along with their signal strength, location info and type.
- IMSI/ IMEI.
- Information about the current mobile provider (MCC+MNC, current connection, etc.)
- The Android device unique ID.
- Full information regarding the WiFi connection (MAC, current SSID and BSSID, link speed, IP/Netmask, Gateway, DNS and DHCP servers, etc.)
- Your current location according to Android based on your network neighbours. No GPS is needed or used.
- Information regarding Bluetooth status, the current Bluetooth connection(s) and info about past pairings.
- IPv6 device and router IP addresses for all device interfaces (see notes, this should now work for everyone).
- This is an expansion of the ‘Network Info’ application, to support more phones based on the 2.1 Android API.
- only have a GSM/UMTS phone. If anything funny happens on any other phone type, email me and I will try to fix it.
- This application will connect to the network only to fetch your external IP/Hostname (using http://aschillings.co.uk/myscripts/getip.php and http://aschillings.co.uk/myscripts/gethostname.php). No other information is sent (my policy is located below).
- Please email me about any bugs or features you want. I cannot see all market comments and I am not notified when someone does comment.
- The IPv6 part should now work for everyone. If that is not the case for you, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) so I can try to fix it. If possible, download ‘Under the hood’ from the market and send me the results via export.
- If you want to show the Vendor which owns a MAC address, download ‘MAC (OUI) Database’ from the market (it is one of my applications) and use it to download a copy of the OUI database.
- In version v0.5.2 I added remote hostname resolution which is your public hostname as is resolved by my server. It should be the same as your external hostname, unless there is a record propagation delay or your DNS server is lying (like some home routers which resolve their external address as a local hostname). My server is hosted by 1and1 so this will be unreliable if you use the same DNS servers.
- Ext. Hostname (L)’ is the hostname your device resolves your external IP (local resolve).\n
- ‘Ext. Hostname (R)’ is the hostname my server resolves your external IP (remote resolve).
- ‘Field Test’ is a hidden application which comes installed in HTC phones. The menu item will only appear if the ‘Field Test’ is installed in your phone.
What’s New v0.7.1
- Fixed crash when updating DB
Download Network Info II (Donate) 0.7.1
- network info 2 donate apk , Network info 2 pro apk , Network Info donate apk , Network Info II pro apk