Quicker v1.9.6 a highly configurable app for all your settings and shortcuts!
Note: if you experience issues with brightness widget on Android 4.0 make sure you have no SwipePad running. It breaks this function.
Updated: 11 November 2012
Current Version 1.9.6
Requires Android 2.1 and up
- Install Quicker to the phone memory (not SD card) to let Quicker to install a status bar shortcut after phone restarts.
- Although Quicker does its best to switch Mobile Data, GPS and WiFi Hotspot with a single click, there are devices / Android versions where these settings cannot be switched directly. In such cases shortcuts to stock settings are available only.
- Why no direct switch? Because Android security model does not allow installed applications to change secure system parameters. This is done to protect users from malicious application that can misuse those parameters otherwise.
- Brightness (w/ Screen Dimmer for convenient usage of the phone in the darkness)
- Ringer mode
- Volume streams
- Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot*
- Mobile Data**
- Call settings
- Screen timeout
- Airplane mode
- Auto rotation
- Screen lock pattern
- Free memory (internal, external)
- App cache
- Digital clock
- System shortcuts
- Application shortcuts
- Flashlight (screen and LED)***
- Battery indicator in status bar
- Settings backup (configure once and restore at any time later)
- Quick launch via status bar shortcut or by long-pressing hardware “search” button
Quicker uses following permissions
- “Storage” for backup / restore feature
- “GPS location” for switching GPS on/off (see **)
- “Take picture & video” for LED flashlight
- “Directly call” for the shortcut widget when you adding a direct call shortcut
- “Reading log data” for being able to report issues
- “System tools” permissions for changing various system settings
- Quicker uses these permissions for the purposes listed above only.
*) Not available for some Android version and phones
**) Direct switch is available for some Android versions and phones
***) LED flashlight might not be compatible to some phones
Whats new in Quicker v1.9.6
- Volume levels are shown for Android 4.0+
- Fixed “empty space in status bar” issue on Android 2.2.x and 2.3.x