Smart Screen Off PRO v2.3.1 Apk for Android a simple and light app which uses the Proximity Sensor built in your Android smartphone to turn the screen off and on automatically
Updated: December 27, 2012
Current Version 2.3.1
Requires Android 2.2 and up
I decided to code this app when I bought my Galaxy Nexus: this device doesn’t have any physical button on the front screen. Being a quite huge phone, it’s quite difficult to press the “turn off” button every time I wanted to turn it off and on. So I needed a way to turn the screen off every time I put it into the pockets and off when removed.
Smart Screen Off PRO features
- At the moment the PRO version includes these features:
- Start on Boot
- Disable when in LandScape mode
- Vibrate when screen is turned OFF
- Vibrate when screen is turned ON
- Hide Icon
- Hide Notification Messages
- Enable/Disable on shake
- Don’t screen on after screen Off
Smart Screen Off features
- Light sensor combo
- Tell me your suggestion
How it works
- The app itself is a toggle button, to switch it on just press the App Icon. Then every time you put the phone into your pockets the screen turns off.
If you put the smartphone upside down on the table, the screen turns automatically off.
NOTE: It doesn’t lock the screen (just like in a call)
In order to use Smart Screen Off, you need to have a phone with Proximity Sensor (nowadays every smartphone incorporates one).
Is not possible to introduce a Timer (impossible to calculate how long the sensor has been covered in order to screen off after a user defined amount of time)!
Is not possible to change the sensibility of the sensor due to the Hardware and SDK limitations (at least without root)!
If you use Task Killers or Memory Cleaner, remember to add Smart Screen Off to exceptions!
Whats new in Smart Screen Off PRO v2.3.1
- Bug FIX for crash because of notifications