SMS Backup & Restore Pro v6.43 Apk – A simple App to Backup and Restore SMS Messages.
Updated: December 3, 2013
Current Version 6.43
Requires Android 1.5 and up
- There is a known problem with some firmware versions of the Droid X and Droid 2 phones that the restored messages do not get the correct time stamps.
- No Ads
- Automatic Scheduled Backups.
- View Backup Contents.
- Backups created in XML Format on the SD Card.
- Option to backup selected conversations only.
- MMS not supported yet.
SMS Backup & Restore Pro needs the following permissions to work:
- Storage – modify/delete SD card contents (android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE): To create the xml file on the SD card.
- Your messages – edit SMS or MMS, read SMS or MMS (android.permission.READ_SMS, android.permission.WRITE_SMS): Needed to read SMS during backups and write them during restore.
- Your personal information – read contact data (android.permission.READ_CONTACTS): To display and store the contact names in the backup file.
- System tools – prevent phone from sleeping (android.permission.WAKE_LOCK): To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a backup or restore operation is in progress.
- Hardware controls – control vibrator (android.permission.VIBRATE): To vibrate the phone when the backup or restore operation is completed.
Whats new SMS Backup & Restore Pro
- Better handling on Android 4.4 for SMS Messages received when the app is the default SMS app. New Receive SMS permission required for the same.
- If you have performed the Restore and the messages don’t appear in Hangouts then:
- Open Hangouts and Disable SMS from Settings.
- Exit the Hangouts app
- Open Hangouts and Enable SMS from Settings.
Free Download SMS Backup & Restore Pro 6.43