SMS Backup & Restore Pro v7.44 Apk is created locally on the phone by default unless you configure it to upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox. You are responsible for backup files and the files are not sent to the developer in any case.
Updated: July 29, 2015
Current Version 7.44
Requires Android 1.5 and up
- There is a known problem with some firmware versions of the Droid X and Droid 2 phones that the restored messages do not get the correct time stamps.
- No Ads
- Automatic Scheduled Backups.
- View Backup Contents.
- Backups created in XML Format on the SD Card.
- Option to backup selected conversations only.
- MMS not supported yet.
SMS Backup & Restore Pro needs the following permissions to work:
- Storage – modify/delete SD card contents (android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE): To create the xml file on the SD card.
- Your messages – edit SMS or MMS, read SMS or MMS (android.permission.READ_SMS, android.permission.WRITE_SMS): Needed to read SMS during backups and write them during restore.
- Your personal information – read contact data (android.permission.READ_CONTACTS): To display and store the contact names in the backup file.
- System tools – prevent phone from sleeping (android.permission.WAKE_LOCK): To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a backup or restore operation is in progress.
- Hardware controls – control vibrator (android.permission.VIBRATE): To vibrate the phone when the backup or restore operation is completed.
- Added warning about large backups in Emails
- Added note about Textra not showing all messages after restore
Free Download SMS Backup & Restore Pro 7.44
[ Google Play ]