Sonos Widget Pro v2.2 – Control your Sonos system directly from your home-screen! Sonos Widget is a widget for your Sonos system.
Update: October 1, 2012
Current Version: 2.2
Requires Android: 2.2 and up
Category: Music & Audio
Sonos Widget Pro Features
- Manage all your zones.
- Support for multiple systems (Home/Work etc).
- See whats currently playing.
- Playback & Volume control
- Support for multiple active widgets, each one controlling a zone.
- Changes appearance of your widgets, choose from multiple themes.
- Controller Widget for Android 3.0+ that gives you a complete overview of your entire Sonos system.
Sonos Widget Basic setup
- Adding your ZonePlayers
Drag a Sonos Widget to your home-screen, open the menu and select “Add ZonePlayers”, follow the instructions
- Select ZonePlayer for the widget (Normal and Album widget)
After adding your ZonePlayers, select a player and proceed by selecting “Set as active”. Remember to exit the application using the Back-button.
- Switch from Playback to Volume control (Normal and Album widget)
Tap on the Artist/Track label to switch view states.
- Changing active player for widget (Normal and Album widget)
From the Volume control view, open the settings and select the new player then select ‘Set as active’.
- Changing appearance of widget (Normal and Album widget)
From the Volume control view, open the settings and select ‘Change apperance’.
- View queue (Controller-widget)
Tap the artist/track label on a given ZonePlayer to show it’s queue.
Sonos Widget Pro types :
- Normal (4×1)
- Extended (4×1) same as Normal, but also shows the album art of the current track.
- Controller (4×4, Android 3.0+, Pro only) re-sizable widget which gives you complete control of your entire Sonos System.
Sonos Widget Pro Issues: [Widget has stopped working]
Whats New in Sonos Widget Pro v2.2 for Android
- New setting for volume-steps.
- Support for multiple systems without re-scanning.
- Auto-detect new/removed players and name/IP changes.
- Now only connects to known players on the current network.
- 4×4: Only shows connected players.
- 4×4: Scan button when no known players are found.
- 4×4: Remove tracks from queue using long-press and proper load of queues with 500+ tracks.
- New settings screen.