Tablet Talk v1.5.2 for Android – Text Message on your Tablet using your Phone Number!
Tablet Talk is THE comprehensive SMS app for tablets. Send and receive text messages on your tablet using your mobile number–just as you do on your phone! Tablet Talk integrates nearly every feature from your phone’s SMS app, while also providing other useful functions such as Caller ID and quick reply popups. It is a “must have” app for a complete tablet experience.
Tablet Talk works by connecting your Android tablet and phone over Bluetooth or WiFi, allowing you to text on your tablet anywhere and anytime. At home? Just connect your tablet and phone to your WiFi network. At work or on the road? Switch to Bluetooth mode and your tablet can SMS without an internet connection.
But what about when you don’t have your tablet? Whenever you connect your devices, Tablet Talk will automatically sync any newly sent and received texts to your tablet, ensuring your tablet’s inbox is always up to date!
INSTRUCTIONS: Install Tablet Talk on both your tablet and phone (you only need to purchase the app ONCE). Setup is very simple, with detailed instructions, troubleshooting, and email support all available from within the app. After initial setup, connecting is as easy as pressing a button. Unless your phone’s IP address (WiFi) changes or you change phones (Bluetooth), there is no need to run setup again. WiFi and Bluetooth settings are saved separately so switching between them is seamless. And options like auto-reconnect reduce the need to interact with your phone while using the tablet.
Updated: September 3, 2012
Current Version: 1.5.2
Requires Android: 2.1 and up
Tablet Talk Features :
- Quick reply popup windows: just like your favorite phone SMS app, quickly reply to messages without exiting what you’re doing!
- Caller ID popup notifications
- Fully functional SMS notifications
- Automatically syncs contact names & photos from your Gmail account
- Widget for one-click connect/disconnect
- Customize ringtone & vibrate for SMS and Caller ID separately
- Share websites, locations, links, & more using Android’s built in “Share” option
- Emoticons 🙂
- And many more!
Tablet Talk MARKET ISSUES: If the Market does not let you install the app on your phone after purchasing it on your tablet (or vice versa) then do NOT try to purchase it again! Please try the following:
- Android Settings->Applications->Manage applications
- Select the All tab
- Scroll down to and select Market
- Press the clear cache button
- Reopen the Market and go to “My apps”
Whats New: Tablet Talk v1.5.2
- Improved Wifi performance.
- Fix duplicate sent messages.
- Changed missed call icon.
- Small fixes.