X-plore File Manager v3.10 is dual-pane file manager with tree view, LAN/FTP/Root/Clouds and more. X-plore File Manager is a dual-pane explorer, which means that there’re two folders shown at same time, and common operation such as copying files are done from one pane to another.
X-plore allows you to see inside of your Android phone or tablet.
Currently selected folder and files are highlighted, while other folders/files have slightly darker background. You may explore internals of the device, and if you’re power user and have your device rooted, you can make changes to system data – backup files, remove unwanted applications, etc.
If you’re standard user, you may choose to hide internal memory from view and be sure not to mess with system. You can comfortably see contents of your external memories, either be it built-in high capacity memory, external memory card, or possibly USB memory stick attached to your tablet. All these memory types are listed in main level, you don’t need to search for their folders on the device.
Updated: October 19, 2012
Current Version 3.10
Requires Android 2.1 and up
X-plore File Manager features
- Dual-pane tree view
- Root, FTP, SMB, Sqlite, Picasa, Zip, Rar explorer
- Cloud storage access: Google Drive™, Dropbox, SugarSync, Box.net, SkyDrive, Webdav, Yandex.disk
- Favorite folders
- Built-in viewers for images, video, audio, text
- Hex viewer
- Fast Image viewer with zoom and slide to previous/next images in folder
- Thumbnails for images and video as well as for various file types (depending on associated application)
- Multi-selection – always available, yet not disturbing
- View APK files as ZIP
- Share – send files by Bluetooth, email, or whatever the device supports, from any location
- Configurable buttons and key shortcuts
- Seamless work with Zip (as if it was normal folder)
- Access to FTP and FTPS (secure FTP) servers is supported. Multiple servers may be configured. All standard file operations can be done on FTP server.
- X-plore can display shared folders on other computers in LAN (local area network). The system allows access to shared folders on computers connected to LAN, or even remote server if it supports SMB protocol.
- X-plore can access various web storage “Cloud” servers, and access their files. You need to have account in supported web service, then you can access your files stored online through X-plore.
- Main operations are related to managing files and folders – viewing, copying, moving, deleting, compressing to Zip, extracting, renaming, sharing, and more.
- Picasa albums : X-plore can list images in Picasa albums, download them, create albums, upload and delete photos, edit captions.
- SQLite database viewer. X-plore can show SQLite database files (those with .db extension) as expandable list of tables, each table containing list of rows and columns with database entries.
- Main interaction is done by touch screen, clicking on folders or files to open files, or long-click to open context menu which contains options which can be done on particular clicked item, or multiple selected items. Multi-selection allows to do operation on more files at once. Files can be selected by clicking check box. It is also possible to select all files in a folder, or clear selection, by clicking parent folder’s check box.
- Opening file may mean to use one of built-in viewer for most popular file types: images, audio, video and text. Or you may configure X-plore to use system application for opening files, in which case system-predefined application that can open particular file is launched.
- Archives (currently supported are Zip and Rar) are displayed as other folders. You may open them, see contents, and do standard operations that you’d do on files – rename, delete, copy from/to, etc.
- Additional interaction is possible by button bar, which is between two panes, and is fully configurable. You may put buttons of your desired operations here, and change ordering.
Whats new in X-plore File Manager v3.10 for Android
- Arabic language
- Auto scrolling after expanding folder
- Bigger buttons on large screens
- Fixes: FTP, SkyDrive